https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25th_(County_of_London)_Cyclist_Battalion FromWikipedia,thefreeencyclopedia 26th(Cyclist)VolunteerCorp..">
|26th (Cyclist) Volunteer Corps
25th (County of London) (Cyclists) Battalion, London Regiment
Recruiting Poster for the 25th County of London) Cyclists, c1912 (Imperial War Museum)
|Garrison/HQ||2 Queen's Road West, Chelsea (1890)
68 Lillie Road, West Brompton (1899)
Fulham House, London (1908)
|Engagements||Third Anglo-Afghan War
Waziristan campaign (1919–20)
The unit was originally formed on 26th February 1888 as the 26th Middlesex (Cyclist) Volunteer Corps, as part of a growing interest in the use of bicycles for military uses. It originally comprised three troops lettered 'A' to 'C' and was originally linked to the King's Royal Rifle Corps. It was attached to the Inns of Court Regiment and was affiliated with the Rifle Brigade (The Prince Consort's Own).
Men from the unit took part in the campaign in Waziristan (1919), 3rd Afghan War and some were present at the Amritsar Massacre in 1919.
Badge of pattern worn from 1908 until 1922, when the battalion was disbanded.