Jumptonavigation Jumptosearch WilliamLeveringSchoolU.S.NationalRegisterofHistoricPlaces">
William Levering School
William Levering School, June 2010
6000 Ridge Ave.,|
|Area||2.1 acres (0.85 ha)|
|Architect||Joseph W. Anschutz, Irwin T. Catharine|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival, Art Deco|
|MPS||Philadelphia Public Schools TR|
|NRHP reference #||88002292|
|Added to NRHP||November 18, 1988|
The Academy for the Middle Years (AMY) Northwest Middle School, formerly the William Levering School, is a historic middle school located in the Roxborough neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is part of the School District of Philadelphia.
The school consists of two distinct buildings. The original section was built in 1894–1896 and is a 2 1/2-story, five bay, stone building with a hipped roof in the Colonial Revival style. A three-story addition was built immediately to the south of the first building in 1928–1929. It is a brick and stone Art Deco-style building designed by Irwin T. Catharine. Both buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.