Genesis Publications Limited is a British publishing company founded in 1974 by Brian Roylance, a former student of the London College of Printing. His aim was to create a company in the traditions of the private press, true to the arts of printing and book binding. Headed today by his son and daughter, Nick Roylance and Catherine Roylance (also a former student of the London College of Printing), Genesis Publications produces signed, limited edition books that are created in close collaboration with authors and artists.
First known for specialising in historical volumes, Genesis is now known as an art house publisher in the fields of modern music and culture. The company's first title to depart from historical reproductions was former Beatle George Harrison's autobiography, I, Me, Mine, published in 1980. The 2017 Extended Edition of the latter title, compiled by Harrison's widow Olivia, was the 100th book published by Genesis.
- 1980 I, Me, Mine by George Harrison (edited by Derek Taylor)
- 1984 Fifty Years Adrift by Derek Taylor (edited by George Harrison)
- 1987 It Was Twenty Years Ago Today by Derek Taylor
- 1988 Songs by George Harrison by George Harrison (illustrations by Keith West)
- 1992 Songs by George Harrison 2 by George Harrison (illustrations by Keith West)
- 1993 Live in Japan 1991 by George Harrison
- 1994 Liverpool Days by Max Scheler with Astrid Kirchherr
- 1995 Paul McCartney: Yesterday & Today by Ray Coleman
- 1995 Sometime in New York City by Bob Gruen with Yoko Ono
- 1996 Stuart: The Life and Art of Stuart Sutcliffe by Kay Williams and Pauline Sutcliffe
- 1996 Golden Dreams by Max Scheler with Astrid Kirchherr
- 1997 Raga Mala by Ravi Shankar (edited by George Harrison)
- 1997 From Hamburg to Hollywood by Jürgen Vollmer
- 1997 BIG: Beatles In Germany by Günter Zint (with Ulf Krüger and Tony Sheridan)
- 1999 Hamburg days by Klaus Voormann and Astrid Kirchherr
- 2000 Mania Days by Curt Gunther
- 2002 Playback by George Martin
- 2003 Postcards From the Boys by Ringo Starr
- 2003 When We Was Fab by Astrid Kirchherr
- 2004 Concert for George by Olivia Harrison
- 2006 Now These Days Are Gone by Michael Peto
- 2006 Summer of Love by George Martin
- 2006 A Day in the Life: Photographs of the Beatles by Michael Ward
- 2014 Yoko Ono: Infinite Universe at Dawn by Yoko Ono
- 2014 Photograph by Ringo Starr
- 2016 Hello Goodbye: The Beatles in Tokyo, 1966 by Shimpei Asai
- 2017 I Me Mine – The Extended Edition by George Harrison with Derek Taylor and Olivia Harrison
- 2002 Moonage Daydream: The Life and Times of Ziggy Stardust by Mick Rock with David Bowie
- 2007 From Station to Station by Geoff McCormack and David Bowie
- 2012 Bowie: Speed of Life by Sukita and David Bowie
- ^ Kozinn, Allan (30 September 2005). "Brian Roylance, 60, Publisher of Elaborate Rock Books, Is Dead". The New York Times. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- ^ Nelson, Karin (3 May 2008). "PULSE; Coffee Tables Of the Famous". The New York Times. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- ^ O'Toole, Kit (26 April 2011). "A Very Beatles Christmas". Seattle Post Intelligencer. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- ^ Lewis, Randy (24 February 2017). "Olivia Harrison reflects on the music and a book marking what would have been 'quiet Beatle's' 74th birthday". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- ^ Traveling Wilburys insert card, in George Harrison, I, Me, Mine – The Extended Edition, Genesis Publications (Guildford, UK, 2017; ISBN 978-1-905662-40-1).
- ^ Mojo staff, "Unseen! The Beatles In Tokyo, 1966", mojo4music, 29 June 2016 (retrieved 4 March 2017).
- ^ Sisario, Ben (7 September 2010). "Few Words and a Whole Lotta Pictures". The New York Times. Retrieved 20 October 2011.