Jumptonavigation Jumptosearch AnnaHowardShawJuniorHighSchoolU.S.NationalRegisterofHistoricPlaces">
Anna Howard Shaw Junior High School
Anna Howard Shaw Junior High School, June 2010
5400 Warrington Ave.,|
|Area||3.2 acres (1.3 ha)|
|Architect||Irwin T. Catharine|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival|
|MPS||Philadelphia Public Schools TR|
|NRHP reference #||88002321|
|Added to NRHP||November 18, 1988|
Hardy Williams Academy, formerly the Anna Howard Shaw Junior High School is a historic junior high school building located in the Southwest Schuylkill neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The building was designed by Irwin T. Catharine and built in 1922–1924. It is a three-story, 17 bay, brick building on a raised stone basement in the Colonial Revival-style. It is in the shape of a shallow "W". It features a center projecting pavilion, stone cornice, and a brick parapet. The school was named for Anna Howard Shaw.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. Since 2015, the school has been used as a charter school run by Mastery Charter Schools. It was renamed in honor of Hardy Williams.