Jumptonavigation Jumptosearch HenryLongfellowSchoolU.S.NationalRegisterofHistoricPlaces">
Henry Longfellow School
Henry Longfellow School, September 2010
|Location||5004–5098 Tacony St., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Area||1.4 acres (0.57 ha)|
|Built by||Thomas Reilly|
|Architect||Henry deCourcy Richards|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival, Utilitarian|
|MPS||Philadelphia Public Schools TR|
|NRHP reference #||88002294|
|Added to NRHP||November 18, 1988|
Henry Longfellow School was a historic school building located in the Frankford neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was designed by Henry deCourcy Richards and built in 1915. It was a three-story, six-bay, brick building on a raised basement in the Classical Revival style. It featured a stone cornice and beltcourse and a brick parapet. The school was named for poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Demolition of the school commenced on August 17, 2015 in conjunction with the plans to rebuild and widen Interstate 95 as part of the ongoing reconstruction of the Interstate in Northeast Philadelphia.